Firstly- Congratulations on your engagement!!!
This is a very exciting time but can also can be extremely stressful. This page is set up to make every step concerning your wedding cake and dessert catering as seamless and transparent as possible.
Below we will guide you through your initial first steps to getting set up with us. Following that will be our timeline expectations and contractual obligations after your tasting, so that you can know ahead of time what to expect should you choose us for your wedding cake.
Let’s Get Started!
Check to make sure your wedding date is open:
Check out our options and pricing page to be sure that we meet your budgetary goals and have all of the options that you are looking for:
Take a look at our reviews page and Pinterest page for some visuals of previous cakes and catering that we have done as well as read about what other brides have said about our services:
Once you feel comfortable with our services, it’s time to set up a tasting and meet our executive pastry chef, Kaitlin Verrecchia, and head cake designer, Sellayel Clemency:
The tasting is a $50.00 fee that will be applied to the cost of your wedding cake should you choose to purchase a wedding cake or dessert catering services from us.
Make sure to bring photos and ideas that you have to the tasting. This will help expedite the steps to follow.
Post Tasting Timeline
Assuming all of the major details have been worked out at the tasting, you can expect your initial quote in about 7 days.
If there are changes or adjustments to your initial quote, please allow 5 days between the request and the new quote.
Initial Invoice and Contract
Once the final quote is approved, you can expect an invoice and contract within 5 days. That initial invoice will require a 20% deposit to reserve your date. The deposit and the tasting fee will be separate charges that will be deducted from your final invoice and are non-refundable.
There will also be a contract for you to read carefully, sign, and return. The details of that contract are below.
All modifications to your cake and catering need to be finalized 4 weeks from your wedding date. It is at this time that you will receive the final invoice with any adjustments that may have been made to guest count or style changes minus the initial deposit and tasting fee.
We do not charge a fee for cake stands or columns, catering plates, or equipment for your event. But we do require a $150 deposit at the time of the final payment that we will return once the equipment has been returned in the original condition by the date specified in the contract. The deposit will be forfeited if it is not returned in time, as this item will not be available for another event. Please click below to view the available equipment options:
Contract and Terms
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is 20% of the cost of the order and is non-refundable.
- We must receive the balance by the due date indicated or a late fee of $25 a day is put upon the balance.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Delivery and setup is $1 per mile round trip from our offsite kitchen located at 1804 Meadowlawn Dr, Charleston, SC 29407.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and an optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. We will take photos of the condition of the cake once setup is complete to confirm condition at our departure.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will add the flowers to the cake for no additional cost. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
- If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Carmella’s possession.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Rentals are due back by the date indicated in the contract. Items not returned by the date will incur a charge to cover the cost of the item rented with a minimum charge of $150.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Carmella’s to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, weather / hurricanes, acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.