Firstly- Congratulations on your engagement!!!
This is a very exciting time but can also can be extremely stressful. This page is set up to make every step concerning your wedding cake and dessert catering as seamless and transparent as possible.
Below we will guide you through your initial first steps to getting set up with us. Following that will be our timeline expectations and contractual obligations after your tasting, so that you can know ahead of time what to expect should you choose us for your wedding cake.
Let’s Get Started!
Check to make sure your wedding date is open:
Check out our options and pricing page to be sure that we meet your budgetary goals and have all of the options that you are looking for:
Take a look at our reviews page and Pinterest page for some visuals of previous cakes and catering that we have done as well as read about what other brides have said about our services:
Once you feel comfortable with our services, it’s time to set up a tasting and meet our executive pastry chef, Sellayel Clemency:
The tasting is a $50.00 fee that will be applied to the cost of your wedding cake should you choose to purchase a wedding cake or dessert catering services from us.
Make sure to bring photos and ideas that you have to the tasting. This will help expedite the steps to follow.
Post Tasting Timeline
Assuming all of the major details have been worked out at the tasting, you can expect your quote at the tasting.
If there are changes or adjustments to your initial quote, please allow a week between the request and the new quote.
Initial Invoice and Contract
Once the final quote is approved, you can expect an invoice and contract within 7 days. That initial invoice will require a 20% deposit to reserve your date. The deposit and the tasting fee will be separate charges that will be deducted from your final invoice and are non-refundable.
There will also be a contract for you to read carefully, sign, and return. The details of that contract are below.
All modifications to your cake and catering need to be finalized 4 weeks from your wedding date. It is at this time that you will receive the final invoice with any adjustments that may have been made to guest count or style changes minus the initial deposit and tasting fee.
Catering platters and cake stands have a rental fee of $25 per piece of equipment per event.
Cake Stand Policy:
1. Any cake stand provided by Carmella’s LLC for your event must be returned to us no later than two (2) days after your event and by 5:00 pm to Carmella’s LLC, 198 East Bay St., Ste 100, Charleston, SC 29401. (Example: Your event is on Sunday, cake stand must be returned by 5:00 pm on Tuesday)
2. If you are using a wedding planner they are not, by default, responsible for returning any cake stands to us nor will we communicate with any wedding planner regarding same. The return of any cake stand(s) supplied to you by Carmella’s LLC remains solely your responsibility.
3. Any cake stand not returned as indicated in item #1 above will incur a daily fee of $25.00 per stand beginning two (2) days following your event date, but will not to exceed $100.00 per stand. Cake stands may only be returned within five (5) days following your event date and by 5:00 pm. (Example: Your event is on Sunday, daily fee begins on Tuesday. Cake stand cannot be returned after Friday at 5:00 pm)
4. Any cake stand damaged beyond usability for future clients will incur a fee of $100.00. (Please note that “damaged beyond usability for future clients” is at the sole discretion of Carmella’s LLC.) Your signature on this contract confirms your understanding of our cake stand policy and authorizes Carmella’s to charge your credit/debit card on file for any fees incurred for non-returned, late-returned or damaged cake stands as per our policy.
Contract and Terms
- Your initial deposit reserves your event date and is 20% of the cost of the order and is non-refundable.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- Delivery and setup is $1 per mile round trip with a minimum charge of $25 from our offsite kitchen located at 1804 Meadowlawn Dr, Charleston, SC 29407.
- The final delivery time for cake and catering is 4pm.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and an optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. We will take photos of the condition of the cake once setup is complete to confirm condition at our departure.
- If you or your planner elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Carmella’s possession. Photos will be taken at the time of departure.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Carmella’s to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, weather / hurricanes, acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.